Beebe Hospital 1916
The original hospital on Savannah Road contained two patient rooms with three beds and one operating room.
The history of the hospital’s philanthropy dates back to 1921 when Mr. and Mrs. Benjamin F. Shaw made the first major gift used to build and equip a 35-bed, state-of-the-art medical facility. Today, that building is known as the Shaw Building. As far back as 1924, Beebe Hospital offered its services ’to you and everyone without regard to race, religion or ability to pay’.
Beebe Healthcare Today
The current medical center offers 210 beds and Beebe Healthcare has grown to support the community operating the Beebe Health Campus, Beebe Lab Express, Wound Care and Diabetes Management Services, Gull House Adult Activities Center, Home Health Agency, a Nursing School, and six satellite imaging and lab services, including walk-in care centers.
Beebe Healthcare’s not for profit mission is to encourage healthy living, prevent illness, and restore optimal health with the people residing, working, or visiting the communities we serve.