Giving appreciated securities is a convenient way to support the Beebe Medical Foundation while gaining tax advantages. As a donor you receive an income tax deduction for the full market value on the date of the gift (if stock/security has been owned greater than twelve months). In addition, most donors avoid capital-gains tax otherwise due on the sale of securities/stocks.
How to Donate Securities/Stocks
There are two options to electronically transfer stocks. The average of the high and low of your securities on the day of the transfer is the amount credited to you as your gift to the Foundation.
- Your broker can transfer your securities/stocks to the firm with a Beebe Medical Foundation account (FEIN 51-0319455).
- Your broker could choose to set up an account at your brokerage in the name of Beebe Medical Foundation and transfer your securities into this account, sell the securities and send the proceeds to the Beebe Medical Foundation.
For DTC Eligible Securities:
DTC Participant #990
Account Name: Beebe Medical Foundation – Short Term Pool
Account Number: 119959-000
Attention: Erik Saville @ Wilmington Trust, 302-636-5220
Unfortunately, when funds are transferred electronically, the donor’s name is not always included in the transfer information. By letting us know of your gift, we will be able to properly match the stock that we received with your gift record. Please call or write us with the following information:
- Name of stock transferred
- Number of shares
- Brokerage firm stock transferred from
- Approximate date of transfer
- How you would like the gift used at the Foundation